If you are using @ef.com email, please follow these steps to add chinesetownef.com to your whitelist:
- Go to mailconfig.ef.com (the warning can be safely bypassed)
- Log in with your EF account.
- Click on Trusted & Blocked Lists label, add ” *@chinesetownef.com ” without the quotes to “Trusted Senders”, and press “Add”
- Project leader. Contact Bunny: Bunny.Huang@EF.com
- Beijing-based Chinesetown teacher. Contact Sylvia: Sylvia.wuBJ@EF.com
- Guangzhou-based Chinesetown teacher. Contact Lily: Lily.ZhaoGZ@EF.com
- Shenzhen-based Chinesetown teacher. Contact Winnie: Winnie.Guo@EF.com
- Shanghai-based Chinesetown teacher. Contact Jamie: Jamie.liu@EF.com
Ava, Roxie, Charles
- Shanghai-based Chinesetown teacher.
> I showed up to class and the teacher wasn’t there. What happened?
You might have clicked on the wrong link in the schedule which would have taken you to the wrong classroom. Occasionally we have to cancel classes (sadly, even we get sick sometimes). Check your email to see if the teacher has emailed you.
> How do I use GoToMeeting to take the online class?
Change your audio to “Mic & Speakers”, which is right below the “Attendance list”, after enter the online classroom.
> How do I book a Chinesetown lesson?
Follow the links on the Class Schedules page. Those are updated weekly.
> How do I know which level is right for me?
You could check the learning sheets and see which level is suitable for you. Then take a lesson, and ask the teacher for advice after class. If you have never studied Mandarin before, the Survival level should give you a head start.
> What do I need to take a lesson?
A browser and internet access. Some of our courses require the installation of Skype.
> What are the different types of lessons offered?
We offer group classes with a maximum of eight students.
How do I use Chinesetown? Step by Step Guide
- Find a class that suits your Chinese level and do some homework before class – Find the learn sheets and audio for the lesson that you plan on taking in LEVELS. Additional materials can be found in RESOURCES.
- Book the online class – Click the lesson topic in the class schedule to book your lesson first.
- Join your class by clicking the ‘Live Class’ link on the class schedule 5 minutes before the time slot you booked and your lesson begins! It might take longer if you are joining the class for the first time.
- Make sure you have a working mic and headset and a stable (preferably non-wireless) internet connection.
For more information please refer to our FAQ.